No Sync with Master System 1

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    letic
    Participant

Hey guys,

Great product ! I managed to get the OSCC to work fine with my MegaDrive 2 + 32X even with Sonic 2.

I also own an original Master System 1 with its RF cable and I even found a RGB adapter from the MS format to the Genesis smaller plug. Both cables do not seems to be picked up by the OSCC and I get a “No Sync” message.

I tried lowering the Analog LPF to 33 or 10 MHz with no luck. The console works as I manage to make it working with a simple SCART/HDMI 15€ upscaler (at least I had sounds).

Any advise as to which settings I should tweak ?

Thanks in advance !
    LeTic

FW : 0.86-aud

Furyofury
    Participant

Chances are (even sure) that your adapter is not giving real rgb.
    Just composite disguised as a scart.
    OSSC only works with real RGB.

You have to go through a hardware mod for your SMS1 so that it actually comes out of rgb.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

SMS2 requires a RGB mod but SMS1 does not, I would say its a cable issue.

letic
    Participant

As I said I tried with 2 different cables :
    – the original RF converter one -> I guess this is normal that it doesn’t work with this one right ? as the signal is not RGB ?
    – the RGB cable from my Genesis 2 (that works with the Genesis+OSCC) with an adapter to convert from the big RGB plug to a smaller one. Don’t know where it came from but I guess this was shipped with the 32X in case people were trying to use it with a Genesis 1. I will try to order a proper SMS RGB cable but I’m worrying that the video output from the SMS is fried 🙁

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

yeah a 32x patch cable won’t work I don’t think, try a proper SMS RGB cable.

letic
    Participant

Thanks for the tips. Apart from https://retro-access.com/ any other place where I could find one ?

Furyofury
    Participant

Retrogamingcables top

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.