Oric 1 and Atmos compatibility

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Oric 1 and Atmos compatibility

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dbug
    Participant

Hi,
    do you know if anyone has tried the OSSC with Oric computers and can confirm that this works fine?
    I know that the Oric have been confusing many TVs and Video Projectors, and the OSSC is not particularly cheap, so I’d rather be sure these two are a match made in heaven πŸ™‚

As a side question, I do have a AVerMedia Live Gamer Extreme GC550, and I was wondering if the combination Oric -> OSSC -> LGX GC550 would be working fine (the idea being of course to publish on youtube some video captures).

Thanks in advance!

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Does Oric output RGB?

Dbug
    Participant

Yes, it’s pure RGB (Almost TTL level, the machine only outputs 8 pure colors from 000 for Black to 111 for White) with a single pin for Sync that merges the VSYNC and HSYNC.

We generally connects it with one of these cables: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oric-1-Atmos-High-Quality-RGB-Powered-Scart-Lead-Video-Cable-TV-Lead-v2-4-/251137727260

In theory it should be a no-brainer, I connected my oric pin-to-pin on an Amiga monitor and it worked just fine, but I had some CRT tvs (toward the end of the production period) that refused to display a picture, so I’m never quite sure πŸ™‚

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Check with the cable supplier that the SCART cable is properly attenuated to 75ohms for sync and you should be good to go, let us know how you get on πŸ™‚

SavagePencil
    Participant

Don’t forget that VGP is kind enough to offer a trial period:

“In addition to the standard 1 year EU warranty, we’re also giving a one-month no quibble return for all units. Test the OSSC in your setup and if it doesn’t work, return it to us for a full refund. All we ask is that you pay return postage and send the complete unit with packaging and any accessories undamaged.”

Dbug
    Participant

Did not know for the trial, interesting to know, thanks πŸ™‚

I’ve send a mail top the cable producer, will see how they answer.

I’m a bit annoyed, when I checked the page for the OSCC I saw the price, but I did not realize it was a limited offer, so instead of ordering I googled about it, read the reviews, check the forums, and then I saw that the price had substantially increase πŸ™

What about the AVerMedia LGX GC550, do you think that would work? I seem to have read that it worked on LX2 something something scaling mode, but that some people had problems while for some other it worked.

Dbug
    Participant

Well, looks like it should be working:

New message from: retrocomputershack

If you have v2.4 of the Oric lead (written on the Scart plug label), then this is OSSC compatible.
    CSYNC signal has been attenuated to to about 640mV Pk-Pk
    RGB Signals have been attenuated to peak no higher than 1V Pk-Pk.

Guess I’ll have to see if I have the budget for it after Christmas πŸ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.