OSSC and DVDO Edge SNES/NES jitter sync issues workaround

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC and DVDO Edge SNES/NES jitter sync issues workaround

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jon Nielsen
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve been using a DVDO Edge to get around my TV not accepting many of the resolutions the OSSC outputs.

Ironically, the Edge itself has issues with the one thing my TV doesn’t have a problem accepting: OSSC’s line3x and 5x from NTSC NES/NTSC consoles.

As expected, the DeJitter mod fixes this. I’ve done it on one of my consoles. While waiting for the extra DeJitter board to arrive I’ve come up with the following workaround:

– In the OSSC profiles used for NES/SNES, change TX mode from HDMI to DVI
    – Using a scart phono breakout, the audio is connected to the Edge directly, bypassing the OSSC
    – Using audio source option on the Edge’s OSSC input profile to merge with HDMI (DVI) video

Found this solution by accident because I got tired of having audio dropouts every few seconds while trying to adjust video sampling/sync. The result is no jitter or loss of sync. Luckily my scart switch has a built-in audio out which works for the current active input, so I’m using it on all sources handled by the OSSC.

The issue has been somewhat annoying me and I’m still wondering why handling audio mixing later in the chain worked.

Hopefully someone can use this workaround in a similar scenario 🙂

nmalinoski
    Participant

– Using a scart phono breakout, the audio is connected to the Edge directly, bypassing the OSSC

Specifically, you want a male stereo TRS to male stereo RCA cable. Avoid any simple y-adapters, as that will just bridge the left and right channels.

Jon Nielsen
    Participant

Yep

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.