OSSC and Line2X Problem?

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC and Line2X Problem?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Alan
    Participant

Hello,

I bought this unit specifically for it’s Line2X capabilities, however I am not sure if something is wrong with it as when things are set to Passtruh things seem normal, however whenever I change to Line2X no matter which console I am using, everything becomes weird looking?

I took some comparison screenshots on my Wii (please click on the pictures to zoom in),

Line2X:

View post on imgur.com

Passtruh:

View post on imgur.com

Line2X:

Passtruh:

Not even mere text seem to be spared:

Line2X:

View post on imgur.com

Passtruh:

View post on imgur.com

Tried The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess on GameCube at 480p using the Official Component Cables, used Line2X with FireBrandX settings suggested settings here: http://www.firebrandx.com/OSSC/OSSC%20-%20Nintendo%20Gamecube%20480p%20Optimal%20Timing.txt

And this is what I got:

View post on imgur.com

Is this normal!?

SegaFanboy
    Participant

Hi,

where is the problem? Passthru looks washed out. Is it the more pixelated image that you don’t like? Did you try the “Allow upsample2x” option?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Allow upsample2x will definitely take some of the jagginess away, but if you simply don’t like that look then that mode is probably not for you.

Alan
    Participant

Thank you, I’ll try with upsample2X, but do you guys have any timing settings I could use also for Wii? Or at the very least use as pointers at least? Like sampling phase and such?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

The FirebrandX settings you linked to should be fine.

Alan
    Participant

The FireBrandX settings don’t cover the Wii though?

Harrumph
    Participant

Wii outputs standard 480p, samplerate is 858. That’s the same as Gamecube settings.

Sampling phase will always vary so you just need to test what works for you.

Alan
    Participant

I see, thank you very much.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.