OSSC and sound noise

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – DIY Support OSSC and sound noise

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    romulofernandes
    Participant

Hello everyone, how are you doing?

I recently got a broken OSSC that has perfect video image, but actually outputs sound noise all the time. I was wondering what I could start looking for problems. Like I said, no matter what the input, the OSSC (1.6 btw) outputs constant noise. If I plug something in the SCART port for example, the noise is mixed with the noise. I suspect the cristal clock, but not sure if anyone with a broken one would expect just noise or not working-at-all sound (like when you short it). I checked the board traces and they also seem fine.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Edit: Wondering…..if the problem is just the audio, can I use a non-aud firmware and turn off audio completely? I know I can short the crystal on PCM1862 (or just desolder it).

marqs
    Participant

DVI TX mode disables audio so you can use that option if you can’t get audio issue fixed (replacing crystal and PCM1862 could be worth a try).

romulofernandes
    Participant

Thanks for the input. I flashed 0.83 firmware without sound and the issue disappeared (as well as the sound xD). Anyway, SCART passthrough is working correctly and I’ll use that until I replace the codec or the crystal. I don’t own an oscilloscope and I was thinking on getting a cheap chinese one, like the DSO150. Will that work with that crystal? I know the bandwidth is more than enough but don’t know about other specs. Thanks anyway 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.