OSSC Broken? Junk on LCD display, no audio, picture cuts out after a minute.

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC Broken? Junk on LCD display, no audio, picture cuts out after a minute.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    PauseBreakAlex
    Participant

Hi all,

Had my OSSC since April 2018 and today it’s developed a fault that prevents me from using it.
    Audio has stopped working, and after a minute or two the video will cut out while the display starts displaying random resolutions/refresh rates and junk.
    I’ve uploaded a video Here.
    (The top halves of the enclosure have been removed as the unit was physically hot to the touch, and I thought that perhaps it was overheating.)

I’ve already reset my settings and tried reflashing the firmware but nothing seems to help – even starting it up after a cold boot it only seems to last 3 minutes at a push.
    Looking at another topic on the forum it said this issue may have come from using improperly attenuated SCART cables, but I’ve made sure to use only RetroGamingCables.co.uk branded SCART cables through an Otaku Switch and either official or HD Retrovision YPbPr solutions, so I’m not sure this is the cause on my system.

Any ideas what the problem might be or any solutions? This has really put a downer on my Friday evening!

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Unfortunately that usually indicates an issue with one of the chips and not something you can easily fix.

PauseBreakAlex
    Participant

What a shame – I looked at the cost of repairs but given the turnaround I think it’s best just to buy a new one.
    Thank you for your help anyway!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.