OSSC Display Issues on CRT w/Progressive Scan

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC Display Issues on CRT w/Progressive Scan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    NoTikEnoShirtE
    Participant

New to hooking up my OSSC to CRT’s, I’ve used Plasma and LCD but never a CRT.
    Specs of the CRT are here:
    https://www.cnet.com/products/loewe-planus-plc530-30-crt-tv-1080i/
    -Supports Component & VGA
    I’m also using a HDMI to Component Converter
    OSSC’s HDMI Signal–> HDMI to Component Converter—> Loewe Planus CRT TV Component Input

– OSSC and Component Converter are tested/working with other TV’s

If this TV allows for progressive scanning, I’m a bit perplexed why the Signal would come out this way. Does the OSSC output something that this TV won’t get, even with Progressive Scanning? I’m aware I might be better off with a transcoder, thinking the Goro model will do well since it also supports VGA.

Just worried why this is happening. The TV works great with my RGB modded PC Engine outputting 240p with HD RetroVision cables.
    OSSC to HDMI Component Converter
    TV’s displayed image

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Yeah the TV isn’t forced to support 480p via component even if the tube could display that. I remember my old Hitachi Plasma couldn’t do anything more than 480i via component.

I would try going in via the VGA connector, that is almost certain to work.

NoTikEnoShirtE
    Participant

I’ve tried the VGA but I get no signal. The TV wants 480p, and I set it to Passthru on the OSSC but still no signal. The aspect ration isn’t changeable on the TV’s VGA, but I should still get some sorta signal.

Weird thing is the Inputs on the TV don’t strictly say ‘VGA.’ Just 3 options: VCR (composite), DVD (Component or I’m guessing VGA) and TV/Antenna

NoTikEnoShirtE
    Participant

Transcoder must be the only way for this CRT.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

VGA would definitely not be labelled “DVD”, look for PC or something like that on the remote.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.