OSSC drops signal for 1 or 2 seconds while playing (480i and 480p)

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC drops signal for 1 or 2 seconds while playing (480i and 480p)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    iamchuck87
    Participant

Hello,

I recently got my OSSC and I hooked up my 6th gen consoles to it via component cables. My Xbox, Ps2 and Wii lose signal on random occasions during gameplay for 1 or 2 seconds. This happens with both 480i/480p and it doesn’t matter if I set it up to passthru or 2x etc… I’ve udpated to 0.85 and the issue persists. Has anyone experienced this same issue?

Harrumph
    Participant

Those signals should be more or less trouble free. Does really OSSC drop sync (LED turns red)?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

I had one other customer experience this and even sending them a whole new OSSC didn’t solve it, it’s weird. They even had the same TV as me and everything works perfectly fine for me. Please let us know if the LED turns red as Harrumph says.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by BuckoA51.
    iamchuck87
    Participant

Thanks for replying. The Led does not turns red when this happens. I tried:
    1. Using different HDMI cables (which work fine with other consoles)
    2. Connecting my component cables directly to the OSSC from the consoles (ps2, xbox, wii) (without using a component switcher)
    Same issue persist

I managed to upload a video in which the issue is happening very often https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdpBfMqYSSI

Previously I only used it with my SNES and it worked/works fine.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Hmm I see it’s a Sony TV, can you try DVI mode?, this will stop audio from working but will help with troubleshooting…

iamchuck87
    Participant

BuckoA51: Perhaps I’m not understanding your solution correctly but I checked all the options on the OSSC and I didn’t find a DVI mode. Also, something else I tested was using line 2x on 480p resulting in 960p. That option works fine for video but audio drops randomly. Please advice and thanks!

ViraLicious
    Participant

Does audio drop even if you set it to downsample the audio?

iamchuck87
    Participant

@viralicious: Yes, audio is dropped on both 48khz and 96khz same behavior

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

BuckoA51: Perhaps I’m not understanding your solution correctly but I checked all the options on the OSSC and I didn’t find a DVI mode. Also, something else I tested was using line 2x on 480p resulting in 960p. That option works fine for video but audio drops randomly. Please advice and thanks!

It’s under Output opt->TX Mode->DVI

iamchuck87
    Participant

@buckoa51 thank you. I was able to find it however, even after set it to DVI mode under the TX Mode option, I still get the same image drops 🙁 anything else I can try?

Furyofury
    Participant

check this setting,
    I have the same thing with the dreamcast (vga), maybe the same problem? (tv sony too)
    Sampling opt./480p in sampler/VESA 640×480@60 (don’t DTV 480p)

iamchuck87
    Participant

@furyofury I tried that but it didn’t work unfortunately, its the same issue but with a very small image on my TV lol

Furyofury
    Participant

a small image with a Dreamcast in vga? I have this with Bangai-O which is incompatible (scart only). It is the only game to make me the others simply showing a black screen (but with sound) if they are not compatible vga.
    Anyway, too bad for your problem 🙁

iamchuck87
    Participant

I did some more testing:
    1. PS2 with native 480p games have less random drops, I was able to play for 1-5 minutes with no problem same with Wii (tested with TX hdmi (RGB) on)
    2. The console that seems to be causing more issues is the OG Xbox, with the xbox it drops signal every few seconds. I’m using the monster brand component cables.

I tested the OSSC with a computer monitor (asus designo 1080p) and it works with no issues at all (but I must force everything to 480p) so probably my TV is having compatibility issues? The model is sony xbr55x800e

Furyofury
    Participant

did you try in the tv settings to be in game mode and to deactivate everything (image processing …)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.