OSSC no longer recognising Chunghop L336

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC no longer recognising Chunghop L336

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MrTomFTW
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve had an OSSC with a Chunghop L336 remote for a couple of years now and it’s all been working fine. It’s been getting regular use, no problems.

Well today I’ve come to use the OSSC and I’ve found it no longer recognises the remote – the green light on the OSSC does not flash to show it’s recognised the signal. The red light on the remote DOES flash. I’ve replaced the batteries in the remote thinking it might be low battery levels causing this, but the results are the same.

The strange thing is, if I keep pressing buttons the OSSC will eventually recognise a button press before it stops working again, so it’ll change inputs for example. It’s very hit and miss and certainly not usuable in this state.

So how do I fix this?

MrTomFTW
    Participant

HAHAHAHA. You’ll not believe this.

I was recently lent a HTC Vive by a friend, and one of the basestations is directly opposite the OSSC. I turned it off and the remote is now working again.

So there you go – if you have a VR headset with tracking that relies on basestations, turn them off if you want to use your OSSC.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

You’re not the first to come across that believe it or not, the Vive base stations are known for a lot of IR light pollution.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.