OSSC passthrough mode.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vrten
    Participant

Hi I’m about to buy an OSSC but have a question I can’t seem to find an answer for. I have a number of retro systems and I’m buying a new TV which means I will lose all connection ports other than HDMI. I’m not too bothered about upscaling (other than a fun thing to occasionally play around with) and just want to continue to play the consoles as I currently can.

Does the OSSC have a passthrough mode which will just basically run the systems (all RGB Mega Drive, Saturn, Dreamcast and Wii) without having to adjust settings and fine tune things? For example if I connect the Saturn and play Daytona USA, can I then just load the higher resolution Virtua Fighter 2 without loading a profile or something? Thanks!

Harrumph
    Participant

Yes, it defaults to 2x generic mode (240/288p sources) or 2x bob deinterlacing (480i/576i), in both cases output is a 480/576p(-ish) signal.
    OSSC chooses default based on input signal automatically.

It also has a setting called passthrough, but that is different from what you mean. If you use passthrough, it means ossc digitizes signal, but otherwise passes it through unaltered.

vrten
    Participant

Thanks for the response. I’ve decided to order one as it seems the best solution for the HD TV. I think my biggest concern is I play a lot of Saturn / Mega Drive / Wii which all seem to change resolutions in game regularly. I’ve heard this causes a pause whilst it adjusts to the new resolution. I’ve heard it’s a minimal disruption so can probably live with it, but my current TV has these inputs already so I don’t have this issue yet. I guess that’s the price of upgrading to a new TV but if there’s a way to get around this it would be good.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.