OSSC picture dropouts

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC picture dropouts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eagle
    Participant

Hello everyone! First off I wanna say thanks for this great forum it has been a tremendous help and I haven’t had the need to register until now.
    After weeks of investigating I’m nearing the conclusion that my OSSC might be faulty.
    I have a 1.6 version from VGP and with the default settings (resetting them on each firmware update) I experience picture dropouts on my OSSC using a Neo Geo MVS 2Slot (MV2FS). I’ve replaced RGB cables, eventually building them myself with the proper attenuation etc.
    Of course trying the settings for Neo Geo as provided by junkerhq but the problem persists.
    The only way to fix the problem is changing the “Analog sync Vth” from the default 124mV to 224mV (increasing it step by step sees the dropouts happen less frequent).
    You’d think the problem would be the source (Neo Geo), but a friend of mine bought an OSSC too and brought it over (a 1.7 version from AliExpress).
    This one does not have the same problem as I tested it extensively, the picture doesn’t drop out and is on the default 124mV.
    Could anyone provide any insights on what the problem might be?

Eagle
    Participant

Can no one can provide any insights into this problem?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Honestly no, I’m at a loss. I could explain a little variance between components but not that much, sorry.

Happy to swap it for a different one if it’s bothering you.

Eagle
    Participant

Hi Bucko, I would be interested in swapping it out.
    I opened up both the 1.6 and the 1.7 to see if I could spot any differences. The only thing I could notice is the bigger heatsink on the 1.7.
    Comparison

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.