OSSC Pro

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Opaque79
    Participant

So I just read about this and have one question. Will this suffer the same compatibility issues the normal OSSC does?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

No, that’s what the adaptive and frame buffer modes are there for 🙂

Steo
    Participant

I read about this and it sounds promising. I like the idea of it being able to use a 1080p window to eliminate any issues and actually have perfect integer scaling too, with the only thing being the borders, which I think would be worth it when it comes to a 1080p set.

Another thing is capture cards, many of them refuse to work, but this could really make things much easier for people who like to capture video.

I’m pretty happy with the current model, it works really well on my B8, but I’d consider buying the Pro if it ends up having more features that would benefit me over the current one.

Opaque79
    Participant

It does sound interesting, definitely. Hopefully the price is good too.

Speaking of which, I regret not buying my OSSC from VGP as I could have saved about £40-£50 judging by the current price. Only bought the other version because Amazon Prime – free one-day delivery. Live and learn, I guess.

JVoorhees
    Participant

Just found out about the Pro. Pretty dang excited. So this means for SNES/NES the dejitter feature will no longer be needed as the Pro will handle all that now? And that means you can pretty much buy any brand tv (or at least the big names) and won’t have the compatibility issues? Is this is all correct? If so, then I’m making a switch back to Sony due to the nice upscaling.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

If you want the completely lag free scaling that OSSC does, then most likely there will be some sets that aren’t compatible still. However, adaptive mode will only add minimal lag (less than a frame) and should work with almost all displays.

JVoorhees
    Participant

Excellent! So NES and SNES without dejitter in adaptive mode should also be compatible with most displays now? Is that correct?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

I actually need to test that on the prototype, thanks for reminding me 🙂

Opaque79
    Participant

NES and SNES with the OSSC never gave me any issue (despite 3x and 4x modes requiring tweaking to work as it operates in PAL). Neither console has a de-jitter mod.

JVoorhees
    Participant

Sounds good, Bucko. Yeah, definitely try it out and see what the results are when you get your test unit.

My current tv (LG) handles the signal well for NES/SNES (NTSC), but my Sony X900E did not.

I’ve also wondered with tv’s now getting VRR, GSync and FreeSync if that will somehow improve compatibility for the sets that have those features.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.