Ossc problems or problemw is my samsung tv?

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support Ossc problems or problemw is my samsung tv?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Lonn
    Participant

Ho guys,recently i bought the ossc but i got some problem with my old console.
    If i try ti connect the with scart i got two different output .
    The first one is av black and white with no sound and the other is green .
    With rgb Connections no video and only audio.
    The firmware is the latest release.
    I dunno if is a compatibilty issue or ossc problems
    Can someone could give me some help ?
    Thank in advice

Lonn
    Participant

Forget another info:
    My samsung is model ue40ku6400uxzt
    Thanks

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Which consoles, which RGB cable and what does the LCD on the OSSC say when you connect them?

Lonn
    Participant

Console are :Nes , n64
    When i start ossc the first view is palette green scale configuration
    The rgb is the n64 rgb with cable or with rgb adapter

nmalinoski
    Participant

The OSSC is only compatible with RGB and YPbPr sources, and neither the NES nor the N64 natively output RGB. Have you installed RGB mods in your NES and/or N64?

Lonn
    Participant

I got rgb adatapter includesse in console and red with e and yellow cable no mods

Lonn
    Participant
    Harrumph
    Participant

That’s a composite cable, not an RGB cable.
    If you want to use the OSSC, you need to mod both consoles to be able to output RGB.
    If you want an easier solution that accepts composite from those two consoles, you should get the Retrotink2X instead, and return the OSSC.

Lonn
    Participant

Ok
    Thanks so if this is the perfect analisys of the situation and there are no other Solutions , i return the ossc :/
    Thanks for you reply

Lonn
    Participant

But on you tube i see this video where i guy sue composite cable or i wrong

nmalinoski
    Participant

I didn’t see any composite video cables in that video. He’s using component video cables, specifically HD Retrovision’s Genesis and SNES cables, which take the native RGB output from those consoles and converts it to YPbPr.

The NES only outputs composite video at best, and the N64 only outputs S-Video at best; so HD Retrovision’s cables won’t work for you. You’d need to do one of the following:
    A. Install RGB mods and get the correct cables;
    B. Get a RetroTINK 2X, which you can either connect directly to your HDMI TV or pair with an HDMI->VGA converter to connect it to the OSSC; or
    C. Get a Koryuu (whenever they get released) or another composite video/S-Video to YPbPr component converter, which you can connect to the component video input on the OSSC as shown in the video you linked.

You can, of course, just get a cheap converters on Amazon, eBay, or AliExpress–like a composite video/S-Video to SCART converter if you want to keep using the OSSC, or a composite video/S-Video to HDMI converter if you want to connect directly to your TV–but they won’t be without their problems, such as added input lag, black crush, poor color conversion, and/or questionable scaling methods.

Lonn
    Participant

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply
    You mean sonething like that :
    VTOP Adattatore Scart SVHS S-Video, S-VHS da AV 3 RCA Maschio a Scart Femmina a Uscita in Linea https://www.amazon.it/dp/B01CV4MN7K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_64TiDbK1EP9W8

Harrumph
    Participant

No it won’t work, it doesn’t convert the signal to RGB/YPbPr.
    I don’t understand what nmalinoski means with his suggestion, because such a cheap converter does not exist afaik. That’s the whole point of the upcoming Koryuu converter.

Lonn
    Participant

Hi

Please could you link some of rhis converter ?

Thanks

nmalinoski
    Participant

I was suggesting pairing a composite to HDMI converter with an HDMI to VGA converter in order to effectively get composite video into the OSSC; but, like I said, it’s not going to be a perfect solution, because that composite to HDMI converter will likely treat 240p as 480i, it will add at least a frame of lag, and, since it’s composite video, it’s still going to look like garbage.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.