OSSC Remote Programming Issues

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC Remote Programming Issues

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Deago
    Participant

Hey guys, I just received my OSSC and soon realized I need a remote in order to use the settings to upscale my games. Unfortunately, I didn’t purchase the remote, but apparently picking up an infrared remote could work.

I picked up an RCR Universal remote and did what the instructions said. The only thing is that some buttons get picked up by the OSSC and others don’t. It only seems to work when I’m on Audio-SB (it won’t pick up if I’m on DVD VCR). While doing the power cycle and holding btn1 I get prompted to click button 1, and button 1 does not register at all. I can click other buttons instead but I find it odd some buttons work while others don’t. It’s probably because I’m on Audio-SB and that doesn’t need the number buttons.

I guess I need another remote or something? Would updating the OSSC potentially make it work?

Is there any other remote beside the one that comes with the OSSC that I can buy off amazon? Thank you 🙂

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

You have checked the wiki page for suggestions I’m guessing? There were no updates to the remote control side of things in firmware for a couple of years now so that won’t make a difference I’m afraid.

Zacabeb
    Participant

I tried to figure out which model RCA universal remote you have based on the keys you mentioned. The result I found was the RCRN04GBE. It might not be the model you have, but the findings might apply anyway.

The manual for the remote states that it has a “Channel Lock” feature that always ties the program up/down buttons and number pad to the TV. You might need to turn this off. It also has a “punch-through” feature which can make the volume buttons control a different device, but this is done automagically by the remote based on the devices it thinks you have set up.

If disabling the Channel Lock feature doesn’t work, you can reassign the SB·AUDIO mode to control a different type of device. This might unlock the number pad. I would recommend setting it to control a TV since that should make the most buttons work. Then you just need to pick any brand of TV that uses the NEC protocol (most Japanese, and also most Korean and Chinese brands do I think) and set up the remote to control that brand.

This should give a sufficient number of commands to which the OSSC can respond.

Link to the remote manual:
    https://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/docs/common/RCRN04GBE/RCRN04GBE_OM.pdf

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.