OSSC & Spectrum +2 not working on Panasonic plasma

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC & Spectrum +2 not working on Panasonic plasma

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    AlexC1981
    Participant

Hi,

I can’t get my Spectrum +2B working with my Panasonic TX-P50G30B plasma TV. The OSSC just shows a blank screen. It works fine on an older 720p LG LCD television.

My Sega Master System 1 works fine on both TVs through the OSSC. Both using their RGB scart outputs to connect to the OSSC.

I think it may be to do with the Panasonic not liking the 311p display from the Spectrum as the Master System shows up as 313p and that works.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks!

maxtherabbit
    Participant

Only thing you can do is run the OSSC output through another scaler like an Extron DSC series. This will normalise the signal to a standard resolution, at the cost of a frame of lag. Panasonics have amazing IQ, but absolutely terrible tolerance for anything but precise standard SD/ED/HDTV timings.

AlexC1981
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. I suppose the TV still has to upscale the image output by the OSSC anyway, so if I buy an upscaler, the upscaler will be doing that task rather than the TV, so there shouldn’t be a downside.

The only HDMI to HDMI upscaler I can find is one by Vcando. It gets good reviews, but I don’t know if it would accept the HDMI signal from the OSSC anymore than the Panasonic TV does.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VCANDO-Converter-Coaxial-Support-Blu-Ray-Black/dp/B01MU6Y5J8/ref=asc_df_B01MU6Y5J8/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309757320705&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10915450609262275408&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045006&hvtargid=pla-617374299967&psc=1

I’m wondering if I would be best off just using the SCART input straight from the Spectrum to TV rather than having the signal go through two adapters.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

The drawback of using another scaler is adding extra lag basically, you will also add extra lag connecting directly, since your TV will try to deinterlace the image.

Have you tried line triple mode too?

maxtherabbit
    Participant

The only HDMI scalers I would even consider for this are the Extron DSC 301 HD and the DSC HD-HD. Don’t touch that off brand garbage. Vcandon’t

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

DVDO series are worth considering too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.