OSSC will not respond to remote or open menu using the onboard buttons anymore

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC will not respond to remote or open menu using the onboard buttons anymore

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    CathodeRayBlues
    Participant

It’s been a few months since I last had to use my OSSC for anything, so I haven’t the slightest idea what could have possibly happened while the thing layed idle on my desk, but I decided to hook it back up today to a new TV with my Sega Genesis model 1 (NTSC). The startup test pattern shows correctly on this TV, but when I turned on my Genesis, the TV lost the signal.

Certain that changing the upscaled resolution would relieve the issue, I pulled out the remote and noticed that there was absolutely no way to get it to bring up the menu screen, or make it respond to any buttons like ones used to adjust scanline effects.
    I tried the onboard buttons, and was able to switch around the signal source, but never open up the menu.

Just to make sure I wasn’t crazy and that nothing was wrong with video output, I hooked the devices back up to my capture card which it was previously set up for. The Genesis is able to display everything correctly, so there is nothing wrong with the video processing as far as I can tell.

I still have no idea why the menu is left inaccessible to me, though.
    I can’t even try reinstalling the firmware since you need to get to the setup menu to do so.
    Any ideas?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Have you tried pressing the “TV” button on the remote (top left)?

CathodeRayBlues
    Participant

Thanks! That fixed it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.