Outputting PC to JVC DT-V1910CG using Extron 109xi, OSSC and Hydra 2

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support Outputting PC to JVC DT-V1910CG using Extron 109xi, OSSC and Hydra 2

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    twyborg
    Participant

Hello,

I would like to play old PC games on this CRT broadcast monitor. AS I understand, it can sync to 15, 24 and 31 kHz signals, so I’m wondering if it would be possible to:

* output Displayport to VGA using an adaptor to an Extron 109xi
    * output VGA from the Extron to the OSSC VGA input
    * pass the signal via RGB SCART to Hydra 2 (using SCART -> BNC to the monitor)

Would the OSSC even be necessary? Would a SCART to VGA connection from the Extron to Hydra work just as well?

Thanks

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

If it’s a true multisync then the OSSC would only be useful for adding scanlines in some circumstances and also for providing deinterlacing (interlace on true multisyncs can look a little weird, bob through the OSSC is quite preferable here).

Indeed you don’t really need the extron interface either (I assume you are using it because your monitor has BNC inputs) just a passive adapter cable should be fine.

If it’s older DOS games you’re looking to play remember that legacy resolutions like 320×240 even 640×480 may be locked out by your graphics cards drivers and require special software to use. Otherwise DOSBox will just line double these resolutions for you anyway. Certainly true 320×240 is very difficult to coax out of modern graphics cards.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.