PAL Optim Resolutions

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Feature Requests PAL Optim Resolutions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Antony Carter
    Participant

Would be nice if there was support for more pal resolutions out of the box, i recently discovered that the internal resolution of some Pal games are 256p so none of the provided 240p Optim modes work for these games without cutting off the top and the bottom of the picture.

I understand these new modes would probably only work for those of us that are using monitors as they would be none standard outputs, but it would still be nice.

Games ive found so far
    Ape Escape is 384×256
    Wipeout 3 is 512×256

I did figure out how to make 4:3 images out of these resolutions but it took me probably 2 days of tinkering to understand how it all works, so yeah support out of the box would be a good addition.

My guess is there may also be other games out there with 256 or even higher vertical resolutions, but ive yet to find a list for pal games.

Harrumph
    Participant

The functionality to change V.Active is already there in advanced settings, and has always been possible. People just need to research to understand how it works. Optimized mode is an “advanced” mode after all.
    At this point Marqs is busy developing OSSC Pro, which I personally think is a better use of his time.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.