PAL SNES SNSP-CPU-01 – Adding Dejitter to BadAd84 SuperCIC & uIGR PCB

NewHome Forums Repairs and Mods PAL SNES SNSP-CPU-01 – Adding Dejitter to BadAd84 SuperCIC & uIGR PCB

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    martin_crickett
    Participant

Hello,

I have a PAL SNES SNSP-CPU-01 that has recently had it’s old Super CIC updated to BadAd84’s Super CIC and uIGR PCB… primarily for convenient resetting to change game via the FX Pak Pro.

Anyway, I have been having issues with OSSC losing sync in 60Hz mode (50Hz is fine right up to 5x) on an LG OLED55B8PLA, so adding a dejitter mod seems to be the answer.

I have installed the dejitter mod as per the instructions here: https://github.com/marqs85/snes_dejitter/tree/master/installation/SNSP-CPU-02 (for sync on luma) but when I do this, the SNES fails to power on at all… as if there’s a short circuit.

My hunch is that it’s something to do with the clock signal (perhaps the super cic is conflicting with this) so I have wired up the dejitter ignoring both MCLK_EXT_i, MCLK_o and leaving R73 in place. Doing this enables the SNES to fire up, but behaves as if the dejitter isn’t there at all ie great 50Hz and poor 60Hz.

If anyone has any info that could get these mods working together, it would be super appreciated.

IF any more info is needed and/or pics of my install, just let me know.

Thanks very much 🙂

UPDATE:

I have re-done the mod and now it’s working great (must’ve made an error during the initial install).

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Glad you got it sorted, our SuperCIC boards (available soon, honest!) include a dejitter mod as well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.