PS1 Losing Sync

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    plasticfactory
    Participant

Hello, I’m sure this has been discussed over and over, but I am still a little confused and am having trouble getting certain games to work properly, in particular Driver. The game loses sync on menus, making it almost unplayable. Is there a setting adjustment I need to make? Is there a better way, in general, to setup the PS1 profiles? Is there hardware that can help with this? My understanding is its switching resolution on menus (as many PSX games apparently do), but I haven’t discovered how to “fix” it in the best way possible. Thanks for any help.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

This cannot be fixed with the OSSC Classic hardware, you would need OSSC Pro or RetroTINK 5x.

plasticfactory
    Participant

Thanks, that sounds simple enough. So, a Retrotink 5x will totally solve the menu resolution issues? I planned on buying an OSSC Pro when available but will probably grab one of these to hold me over.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

I believe it will solve it yes since it has a frame buffer. Grabbing a 5x isn’t easy we’ve not been able to get any stock, occasionally RetroTINK themselves have small batches.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.