PSP ON WIDESCREEN CRT TV’S

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    El Random Guy
    Participant

Hello I have the original OSSC with hdmi output & two 3.5 audio inputs its not the pro ver. I update to the last firmware & using my PSP 3000 with original Ypbpr (component cables green blue & orange) with my OSSC on flat lcd display asus trough hdmi & have no issues playing Valkyria Chronicles 2 & 3, this fills all the screen, but its not the way I like to play, I use my CRT WIDESCREEN PANASONIC video monitor CT-34WDM60 to play, that support 480i, 480p, & 1080i I use it for all new “retropixel” games on ps3 & ps4 & wii/U without no issues trough component cables too (its the only type of inputs model have) then I use the recommended converter on RETRO RGB site HDMI to COMPONENT porta its just a transcoder its what they mention & works fine with ps4 for 480p & 1080i now that Im pretty sure my set up its all right without issues on cables, tvs or consoles, the things are like this:

PSP 3000 > COMPONENT cables > OSSC > HDMI cable > HDMI to COMPONENT> WIDESCREEN CRT TV

I can see my game, I can hear my game, I can play my game but the OSSC never fill up all the screen like on the lcd panel, I use the panasonic hack on the OSSC, I change to VESA 1080i, EDTV, HDTV & never fill all the screen I prove all the 2x.. bob modes and the aspect never zoom or make it more bigger, what can I do, or help me to config my OSSC or if nobody have the issue like me I would like to add a ZOOM feature on the future firmware for the OSSC entusiast.
    I hope my little problem have a solution, even if its in front of my nose :^) have a nice day

eatnumber1
    Participant

True zoom functionality is not possible on the OSSC, as it doesn’t have enough memory for a framebuffer.

The technique used in PSP mode on the OSSC leverages the television’s framebuffer, so doesn’t work on a CRT.

What you’re asking for will only be possible on the OSSC pro.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.