Question about profiles

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Question about profiles

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    blinky56
    Participant

I’m trying to understand how the profiles work.

I thought each profile saved multiple individual settings for each different timing input. That way it could auto-adjust the settings depending on the timing detected. That’s the way I thought it worked, but it doesn’t seem to do that. I seem to need to make a new profile for each system and each resoltion? Is that true because there are only 9 slots. For example on my Genesis I have to adjust the audio gain differently from the playstation, but if I change the value and save it, it loads the same for both systems.

Also, how do I get a profile to load automatically when it senses a certain timing input. For example, I have the playstation audio settings in profile 1 and the genesis settings in profile 0, but when I turn on the playstation, it gets the genesis settings.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Your OSSC can’t sense the difference between a Megadrive and a PS1 for instance, it can only detect if the signal is 240p/288p/480i etc so unfortunately yes you will need to select the profile manually.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.