Removing OSSC Scart Buzz

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kruuth
    Participant

My ossc works fine other than a buzz on my SCART connection. If I run the console straight through to the OSSC it’s fine, but if I run through my Otaku SCART switch I get buzz. I’m guessing that this is an issue with the cable going from the selector to the ossc. Is there a recommended one? Also, is there another way to get rid of the buzz?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Could be an issue with the cable or the switch itself. Is it just a scart to scart cable from switch to OSSC? If so you should be able to find a good quality one. Get only as much length as you need and make sure it’s shielded.

kruuth
    Participant

That might be it. Right now I’ve got a two metre cable in there, is there a recommended one meter shielded cable? All the ones I’ve seen are either two metres or half metre cables

kruuth
    Participant

I decided to update this. The week point I had was the male/male cable that I connected the switch to the OSSC. I originally had a really nice German cable that was shielded like crazy. When that didn’t fit the otaku switch I changed to a cheap eBay cable. Someone made a 3d printed case that has a lower profile that exposed the plugs a lot better. Now my German cable fits and I went back to that and now the buzz is gone

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by kruuth.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.