REPAIR ADVICES AND HELP FOR BROKEN OSSC 1.6

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – DIY Support REPAIR ADVICES AND HELP FOR BROKEN OSSC 1.6

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kadird
    Participant

[sorry for duplicated message but i think posted my first message to wrong place.]

Hi,

I broke my OSSC when trying new RGB to SCART cable for Amiga 500 by build myself. Connected the scart socket came from Amiga to OSSC’s AV1 SCART in and something goes wrong and test pattern in HDMI out is gone. I think i applied 12v from Amiga to one of the OSSC’s AV1 SCART pins and this is fried the U1 chip. Also a periodic click sound started in audio out. This sound is permanent now.

But OSSC’s LCD screen works normally and i can acces the menus. I tried fw update first but nothing changes. Video out of OSSC complete blank now. No test pattern, no anything.

Where should i check for repair? I think U1 is gone, but why sound out became parasitic?

Thanks.

marqs
    Participant

Is the sound from digital AV out or from passthru 3.5mm connector? If menu and character display work but there is no image, then perhaps U3 needs replacement. I’d also check regulator output voltages first and whether any of them becomes hot (which could indicate a short on that rail).

kadird
    Participant

hi marqs,

sound comes from digital av, not 3.5mm jack.

requlators and pcb is cold. i will check regulators and will try to change u3 myself or in local cellular phone service.

thanks.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by kadird.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.