Retrotink2x Multi flicker problems

NewHome Forums RetroTink Products Retrotink2x Multi flicker problems

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ScoutMindset
    Participant

So I bought the multi recently along with ps2 slim and hd retrovision cables. It’s been working pretty well, but when playing Silent Hill 3 I do occasionally get these blue lines on the edge of the frame and the image starts bouncing around (see here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nxYxgogLOsPXdmDsVHCPDWy2uWwJApz-/view?usp=drivesdk). And what’s even weirder is that this happens only in in certain screens or when my character is in a specific point of a location.

I should probably add that the multi is in line2x mode with comb set to auto and that the input is set to component (green LED). This issue persists in both normal and scanline modes. And when I try to disable line doubling my monitor goes blank with a “out of range” message. So, can I do anything to make this flicker go away?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Never seen that before, is it a PAL or NTSC system?

ScoutMindset
    Participant

I’m using a PAL PS2 Slim. I thought that it was the fault of the power source of the Retrotink as I powered it through the USB port in my PC. But the effect was the same when I used a regular power outlet. Also, the problem with the image bouncing around now happens more often in cutscenes as well. Any ideas?

Edit: I’ve also checked my PS3 using the retrovision component cable and retrotink multi. When playing the effect is the same – the image is occasionally bouncing around during cutscenes and gameplay.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Weird, I guess the next troubleshooting step would be to try a different display, see if its an incompatibility there.

ScoutMindset
    Participant

Actually, I managed to resolve the issue. It turns out that this was a bug. After updating the retrotink software to version 1.7, these artifacts stopped happening. Thank you for the help though!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.