Screen-burn issue?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JoeTheUseless
    Participant

Hi there when i have my ossc on a pause screen for a long period of time the screen burns the image onto my display it goes away after a few mins but still very annoying it happened to my 42inch LG HDTV and computer monitor

Is there a way to stop this

thanks

AtlasShrugged80
    Participant

How long are we talking? What about just turning off the display while you have it on pause?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

and which console were you using at the time?

GameJon
    Participant

LG often use IPS panels that are prone to image retention – it’s not “burn in” (as it’s not permanent) but there’s little you can do about it

JoeTheUseless
    Participant

Hi there it was the PlayStation one it seems to temporarily retain the image i think i had the OSSC in x4 but i can’t remember honestly.

It seems to happen very quickly which worry’s me is there any power saving features in the OSSC? i think i might have to set up TV to go off after a short period of time but i’m not sure how long i should leave it !. the image burned after an hour and a half 🙁

Luckily it just went away on its own i was worried though at the time it was permanent. I should have read the manual properly specifically page 8 which states this can happen 🙂

Please excuse my grammar i never was good at English at school XD

Thanks

Joe

Galdelico
    Participant

Out of curiosity, which game were you playing?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Yeah i don’t think you will do any permanent damage with progressive content, interlace is another matter.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.