Sega Saturn best Ossc settings

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Sega Saturn best Ossc settings

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    johnboy130
    Participant

Hello

New to the Ossc scene, so please forgive me if this has already been asked.

What are the best settings for a Pal Saturn?

I have tried several line modes and there appears to be some vertical cropping issues on the higher modes can this be adjusted?

Is there any way to reduce the time taken to change screen resultion in game, such as die hard arcade?

Thanks in advance

John

Harrumph
    Participant

I recommend generic mode.

Cropping should only occur on x5 1080p mode. You can switch to 1600×1200 or 1920×1200 to get the full picture (if your display is compatible).

Connecting directly to TV (no switcher) may reduce downtime. In general this is up to the display, some are faster, some are slower. Only way to eliminate it is to use an external scaler with framebuffer.

johnboy130
    Participant

Ok I will try generic mode, with regards to the framebuffer would this still occur with a retrotink scart 2x as I hear this has a Frame buffer?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

RetroTINK does not have a framebuffer. The Framemeister does, but that takes way longer to switch 240p/480i.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by BuckoA51.
    Harrumph
    Participant

Right, I was a bit unclear, I meant a device with framebuffer that also can run frame-unlocked (framerate conversion, constant ouput framerate regardless of input framerate). On the face of it, the Framemeister should be able to do it, but for some reason it cannot. Bucko can correct me here probably, but IIRC there are some devices that can (DVDO?, Extron?), but I’m not so familiar in the area.

nmalinoski
    Participant

Where Extron is concerned, I believe they’re able to seamlessly switch between sources but not between video modes on the same source. For example, my Extron DSC 301 HD would be able to seamlessly switch between HDMI and VGA inputs, but not between 720p and 1080p over HDMI.

The Framemeister supposedly has the hardware to achieve seamless transitions as you describe, but, you’re right, it doesn’t. It should be possible with some changes to the firmware, but I think it’s unlikely that Micomsoft would bother with the Framemeister now discontinued.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.