SNES – dejitter board for non working 5x?

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support SNES – dejitter board for non working 5x?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    cheeseman
    Participant

Tried to hold off starting another SNES sync thread, spent the day doing research and reading the tips and tweaks thread first, hopefully this is a short one.

I have a SHVC-CPU-1 (has a sound board you can remove) and its really been fantastic with the OSSC. (at this time is .81 firmware) Using a Samsung 40 inch 10-15 year old led.

the OSSC is reading 262p with 60.08Hz – Not sure if that actually means it’s getting 60hz as the SNES is supposed to be very jittery and no real 60.

x1-x3 all work great x4 would randomly cut in and out, but I fixed it by not using the audio firmware or I could just change the TX mode to DVI – basically it was loosing sync due to audio)

x5 is the last piece I am trying to get working.

Right out of the gate it was a black screen, but if i Disable “Allow tvp hpll2” the image will flicker in and other randomly, but it is mostly still a black screen. – But when it is up for 1-2 seconds it looks great and does look like the X5 should.

I randomly tried messing with other settings but can’t seem to get much farther than getting it to flash randomly.

All my other consoles work on all the x1-x5 modes so I do think it is the jitter issue. Plus I tested on a new samsung 55 4K tv and it takes all the x1-x5 with no issues or playing with settings.

Would it be worth trying out the dejitter board? I have no problems installing it in myself or is there some obvious setting I am missing.

Thanks,

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

If other consoles are working at 5x then yes I’d say it was worth trying the dejitter if you really love that 5x look.

cheeseman
    Participant

I don’t pretend to fully understand why certain 1-5x looks great on some, but not on others – but it is a nice option to have.

With all my stuff x4 looks great, but it’s less bight on the colors than other x’s.

I just ordered the board now with the snes firmware – gives me an excuse to bust out a soldering iron.

I’ll post back with the results. I’m almost certain it’s just the tv/snes combo. The other tv which is 4k does all the 1-5x no problem, but that TV is not up for grabs for retro gaming at the moment lol

cheeseman
    Participant

Does this mod introduce some more input lag? 2 frames per hour doesn’t seem like it’s something you would be able to notice with the naked eye or get you killed in a game.

NoAffinity
    Participant

x1-x3 all work great x4 would randomly cut in and out, but I fixed it by not using the audio firmware or I could just change the TX mode to DVI – basically it was loosing sync due to audio)

This is exactly what it was for me before modding. Dejitter solved the issue, all line modes are perfect with the mod.

Does this mod introduce some more input lag? 2 frames per hour doesn’t seem like it’s something you would be able to notice with the naked eye or get you killed in a game.

.000092593 of a frame difference per second. Think you’ll be able to notice the difference? 😉

cheeseman
    Participant

@NoAffinity
    : Thanks for confirming,

.000092593 of a frame difference per second. Think you’ll be able to notice the difference? ?

It will always haunt me for the rest of my life, lol – Joking aside, no way.

marqs
    Participant

A system running a tiny bit slower than reference should not be confused with input lag which is completely different thing.

cheeseman
    Participant

Poor wording on my part – Correct, this would not be input lag as it has nothing to do with the response time from the controller to the screen.

cheeseman
    Participant

Just an update on this:

Put the board in and followed the instructions for the board I have and…..

Yea it works and it’s awesome.

If there is any kind of slowdown, I can’t tell.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.