Sony PSX DVR + OSSC: no picture in XMB, sync changes from 525i to 540i

NewHome › Forums › OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl › OSSC – Discussion and support › Sony PSX DVR + OSSC: no picture in XMB, sync changes from 525i to 540i

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #70882
    Denoiser
    Participant

      Hi everyone,

      I’m having an issue with two Sony PSX units connected to an OSSC. Recorded videos, FreeMCboot,  and other menus display correctly, but the picture disappears whenever I open the main XMB.

      My setup:

      Sony PSX → D-Terminal-to-component cable → OSSC → Samsung Q67R
      OSSC firmware: 1.11a
      OSSC connected directly to the TV
      The OSSC still detects sync when the picture disappears, but its reading changes:

      Working menus/video: 525i / 15.73 kHz
      Main XMB (no picture): 540i / 16.18 kHz
      Both at approximately 59.93 Hz
      The same issue occurs with both my PSX units. I’ve tried both Line2x and passthrough, but neither gives me a picture in the XMB.

      Has anyone encountered this? Could the TV be rejecting the different timing, even though the OSSC still detects sync? Are there any OSSC settings or firmware updates that might help?

      Thanks!

      #70887
      BuckoA51
      Keymaster

        Does sound like the TVs not tolerating it, but I wonder why the shift to 16.18kHz when the XMB is opened?

        I don’t suppose you have a SCART cable you could try instead, or a d-terminal to VGA?

      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.