Stuck on Firmware screen & 1080i issue

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Stuck on Firmware screen & 1080i issue

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brightico
    Participant

I updated my firmware to. 83 with audio and now it is stuck on the firmware screen. It updated with no issues, but when powering back on thedisplay just shows the firmware version.

I updated because the previous. .82 was always like doubling 1080i. In other words no matter if I set pass through or line double it would line double.

Josefkaner
    Participant

I’m having this exact same issue….the remote does absolutely nothing and the screen just displays the firmware version.

Brightico
    Participant

OK. I was able to get past the firmware screen. The issue is that my OSSC isn’t doing any of the commands from my remote. The green light goes off when I press a button down but nothing happens.

The update did help 1080i but PS2s GT4 is registering as 1125i. I always thought 960i was the correct output. Anyway, while there is an increase in resolution the dithering on my 4K display looks pretty bad. It makes the game look psuedo line doubled.

Josefkaner
    Participant

How did you get past the firmware screen?

Brightico
    Participant

So I had to re-program the remote.

Hold down the button closest to the display on the Ossc while powering off and on. Then follow the instructions on the OSSCs display.

I can confirm that 1080i passthrough isn’t working correctly, at least with GT4. I can switch between 2x and passthrough and there is no change to the image. I’m not sure why this happens. I will try doing some reboots later, but for now 1080i passthrough looks exactly the same as 2x mode on PS2 GT4.

I’m using a Sony 950g with an OSSC hardware version 1.6

nmalinoski
    Participant

I think there is still an outstanding issue of 1080i settings not sticking. I’m not sure when those fixes will be made. If that’s the case, I believe the default is a bob-deinterlace to 1080p, which looks bad and prevents your display from deinterlacing it.

As for the reported resolution, the OSSC reports line counts, not video modes; so, when you see 1125i, that is what you know as 1080i, because there are 1125 lines total per frame, 1080 of which are visible. 960i, from what I’ve been told, isn’t a thing.

marqs
    Participant

The earlier issue of 1080i adv. timings not being saved has been fixed in v0.83. 1080i processing is still line2x by default so that must be changed manually.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.