Upgrading existing borti SuperCIC mod on SNES

NewHome Forums Repairs, Mods and Upgrades Upgrading existing borti SuperCIC mod on SNES

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sgakensymd
    Participant

Currently have an existing SuperCIC borti board on my SNES (PAL 1-Chip-01) and was thinking of buying the new version of SuperCIC that has Dejitter and DFO. Is it a case of desoldering the old SuperCIC board and soldering the new one in the same points with the same wires? I have a feeling that isn’t the case and I’m curious to know what extra soldering/mod work is involved. Thanks all.

Jon Nielsen
    Participant

I’m not sure which one you’re referring to as the old version, but if you have a 1chip SNES I’m assuming you have a board which already has two oscillators to support PAL and NTSC. It’s not really possible to answer your question about replacing as it depends on how it was installed in the first place. Depending on the layout of the board you used and how it was installed, it may be possible for you to add dejitter board without replacing the entire thing. That’s how my SNES 1chip PAL console is setup. I had the bad_ad84 AIO and later added the dejitter board.

Jon Nielsen
    Participant

Post a picture or list the solder points you made when installing. Maybe I’ll be able to comment from what I remember about this. Since adding D4 patch, RGB bypass and various caps I’ve had no desire to open up my “perfect” SNES again 🙂

Jon Nielsen
    Participant

Google “this isn’t even my final form SNES 1chip” if you want to see the Reddit post that helped me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.