VGA Scaling/sizing options?

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support VGA Scaling/sizing options?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Angelworks
    Participant

So I have this ancient Compaq Prolinea 5133 that I fixed up and play MS-Dos games on. It works quite well with the ossc, but in 320×200 it’s zoomed in too much so that the left/right and top/bottom parts of the screen are chopped off. Firmware .81 it got better – but the top and bottom are still cut off. I can at least read the left/right parts of the screen (where the ms-dos command line starts).

At 640×480, 800×600 etc it looks perfect – perfect 4:3.

Is there any way to adjust this? Or is this mainly intended for progressive vga output like the dreamcast or xbox?

nmalinoski
    Participant

Having all edges of the image lopped off sounds like an overscan issue with your display, but it also sounds weird that it wouldn’t happen with 640×480 or 800×600. Is the OSSC actually outputting 320×200 or is it linedoubling and putting it in a 640×480 frame? Are you using the new 640×400 preset?

Angelworks
    Participant

Yeah it looks like an overscan problem, but keep in mind all the PC games I’ve ever played usually have a border around them to handle that – so I dunno.

The 640×400 preset seems to do nothing on AV3 :(.

nmalinoski
    Participant

What are you using for a display? (Make, model)

Angelworks
    Participant

Its a 55″ TCL 55C807 – but I don’t think that is the issue – the output looks similar on the Startech USB-3 capture device, but I have to admit I have no clue at this point.

The startech device thinks the output is 720×480 though. Now that I think about it – I could put a sample clip onto youtube of the issue I’m seeing if that helps.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.