Wii OSSC is not better than Wii U directly!

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support Wii OSSC is not better than Wii U directly!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Yovan Basurto
    Participant

i have a launch Wii and i’ve tried every damn setting recommended on these boards and accross the internet. I have it set to x2 mode with 2x sample or whatever and i’ve messed with the settings to hell and back. It looks kinda like the Wii U through hdmi but maybe a bit blurrier.

very disappointed. I knew wii wasn’t goona look like gamecube but this is just bad. Any suggestions? ive tried it all and i see people on the internet say how the ossc option looks much better than the wii mode in wii u. I don’t see it. I just don’t.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

You have your Wii set to 480p output?

Yovan Basurto
    Participant

I do have it set to 480p. I’ve tried pass through and 2x. upsample off and on. I’ve turned on or off every setting imaginable. Looked at the nets for every possible setting. Same result.

Meh. Soft image that looks same or softer than the Wii U output.

I have a launch wii white console, set to 480p, official component cables hooked up the OSSC and then directly to my Oled 4k C8 which is in gamemode. Gamecube, SNES And other systems look brilliant. I knew the wii had so so video but i expected better than Wii U and was disappointed to find out that it looks slightly blurrier IMO.

Do you have any settings i can try that might be different from whats out there? Not sure why some people on reddit claim that it looks much better than wii u Wii mode. Is it cause they have newer revisions that output a sharper image? i’m at a loss with Wii. So little content out there for wii owners running on OSSC.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

If you can use the 480px2 mode that’s about as sharp as it can possibly get. I don’t get this fetish for ultra sharp pixels anyway, particularly with early 3D systems. It never looked like that on a CRT.

It should definitely be better than Wii-U though. The scaling on the VWii is pretty bad (suffers from varying degrees of overscan) and also has chroma shift.

Yovan Basurto
    Participant

Mmmm to my eyes they look almost the same. As far as sharpness. Is hard for me to tel the difference. The Wii U does look a bit brighter and cleaner honestly.

I just have it on x2 mode. Any settings I can use to improve the image?

Harrumph
    Participant

You can check the rgb range here also. Ossc outputs full range.

Yovan Basurto
    Participant

I thanks I did. It was set to limited to match my TVs output. Maybe cause I have a launch Wii but yeah it looks bad. At the very least comparable to the wiiu if not a bit worse.

Res1s7
    Participant

Is all the processing turned off on your TV ? If you’re using the OSSC then you should not have to use game mode because OSSC is doing everything possible to minimize latency. On my TV I stopped using game mode because in that mode I could not turn off or adjust many settings. I also forgot at one point to turn off “sharpness” that was really messing up the output of the OSSC.

Yovan Basurto
    Participant

No all the settings are fine. GameCube looks razor sharp. All my systems including N64 look razor sharp. The wii just looks blurry. Anyone have any ossc settings I can experiment with?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.