We had hoped to launch the unit sooner, but an unfortunate period saw the little device stuck in a kind of “development hell” with Ari, the designer, unable to figure out or fix a particular bug. In the end it transpired that our Sega Megadrive 2 console actually had a faulty Composite video encoder all along.
In case you missed the teaser announcement we made through RetroRGB, Koryuu is a Composite and S-Video to Component video transcoder designed specially for use with OSSC but suitable for all kinds of applications. Using the device you can easily add S-video and Composite input to the OSSC, or any display or device that has component video inputs.
The device has the following features:-
- Designed for use with OSSC, no additional transcoder/converter required
- Composite and S-Video in, Component video out
- 7.5 IRE option
- PAL 60 supported
- Firmware updatable (requires USB Asp or similar programmer)
- Uses the same PSU as OSSC, no chance of mixing them up and damaging either unit!
- Stylish case looks good next to or on top of the OSSC
- Connect Composite and S-Video at the same time, no problems
- Additional features, such as smoothing, to be confirmed
Want to be notified when Koryuu is available? No problem! We have set up a waiting list here. Simply complete the form and I will e-mail you as soon as there is a unit available to order.