Gamecube – Carby Component Cable

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Gamecube – Carby Component Cable

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Moogle
    Participant

I was curious if anyone has used a Carby Component cable with their Gamecube and OSSC.

Carby Component Cable

I can’t find any info online about this with OSSC.

Originally I was looking at getting an EON MKII and using some Wii component cables to connect to OSSC.
    But I recently noticed Carby sells their own Component cable that inserts directly into GC digital with no need for the EON MKII. Cost savings here.

SO. Carby Component cable. Has anyone used this with OSSC? Any issues or is there another option I have not even found yet.

Would love to hear any opinions. Thanks!

SamuelHan
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve bought this cable about a month ago and it’s working very well with the OSSC, but as my TV is not “OSSC friendly” i only test it with the basic settings so i can’t tell if it handles correctly all the options disponible.
    By the way this component cable have built-in GCVideo software so you have already some scaling/scanlines options (and you can use the OSSC remote to access them) so maybe you won’t need to connect it to the OSSC for a basic usage.

Hope it helps, hav a nice day and stay safe !

Moogle
    Participant

Its good to hear it works with basic settings. That’s what I was looking for. I’ll be ordering one now.
    I’ll cross my fingers if I can get the 2x, 3x, 4x working with OSSC. Thanks!

I didn’t know the cable had its own scaling options. When I get it hooked up, if I think to, I’ll post an image comparing Carby component scaling and OSSC scaling.

Sorry to hear your TV doesn’t like the OSSC. What TV are you using? I’m not sure how much you’ve played around with the OSSC settings. I barely understand them myself since I set my stuff up 2 years ago and refuse to touch them again since getting things working well.

I do know I used this exact thread here and played with settings for hours until I got my NES, SNES, N64, Ps1, and ps2 working well with 2x. Some of them I was able to get 4x working.

Tips & Tweaks: Lx3, Lx4, Lx5 modes

Anyways, not sure what you’ve tried. If this helps, Great!

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by Moogle.
    SamuelHan
    Participant

My TV is a Sony 40W705C, and yes i’ve tried the tweaks with no success, i can’t use FirebrandX profiles as well, my NeoGeo AES and MVS doesn’t work but even in 2X the results are wayyyyyyy better than nothing, i will certainly change for a LG 65C9V later this year and day one purchase OSSC Pro.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.