I am having blackout/sysnc issues with my OSSC

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support I am having blackout/sysnc issues with my OSSC

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Wildcardsoldier
    Participant

I got an OSSC a few weeks ago and every time I play for 20-40 minutes, the screen goes black for a few seconds an then returns to normal. How do I fix this issue?

Furyofury
    Participant

Hello,
    it would be necessary to describe on which console (pal, ntsc, switched model, 50 or 60hz), which game (and its region), is it in “action” or during a passage in a menu or a loading screen, including does it have a single cut or several then ….?
    OSSC default settings or have you changed a value?
    What cable (rgb / scart, yuv /?) Between the console and the ossc …
    In short without additional information as much to play the lottery;)

Wildcardsoldier
    Participant

it is on 6OHZ NTSC xbox and ps2 using component cables and it’s in “action” when i’m playing my NTSC copies of JSRF and Raw Danger. it’s during passthrough mode, too.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Which TV? Does the LED blink on the OSSC?

Wildcardsoldier
    Participant

it’s a haier HD tv and it doesn’t blink.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

I’ve never heard of that brand unfortunately. We have a handful of reports of this (literally 2 or 3) it’s proving extremely difficult to track down (even using same ossc and same display as a customer I can’t replicate it).

Have you tried other consoles, e.g 240p machines see if they have issues?

Wildcardsoldier
    Participant

I have been having this issue with component based consoles like the ps2 and xbox, using the VGA port for my switch and PC work perfectly and output 60hz exactly but the xbox/ps2 usually output around 59.86-59.92.

Wildcardsoldier
    Participant

Ok so I reset my settings and it didnt syncout when I was playing for 40 minutes so I hope that worked.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Please let us know.

Wildcardsoldier
    Participant

I’m sorry. it worked fine yesterday with 2 different games across 40-50 minutes each but now it is now repeating again. should i make a more detail thread?

Amad
    Participant

Hey, I have the same issue. Can play for 20-40mins and the screen goes black for a few seconds and returns to normal. Using NTSC SNES jr (RGB modded), RGB scart cable and Asus vg248qe monitor. Live gamer extreme capture card from avermedia to capture my image when streaming. It does the same thing whether connected or not to the capture card.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

SNES could be the jitter issue, is your console dejitterd?

Amad
    Participant

Nah its not. Just strange it keeps happening every now and then, sometimes more often, sometimes less.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

That’s a different issue to the OP I would imagine, it’s unclear why some users struggle with 480p content.

Wildcardsoldier
    Participant

I made every video setting into passthrou mode and it’s still goes black randomly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.