Intermittent signal with OSSC.

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support Intermittent signal with OSSC.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JikissGamer
    Participant

I just recently bought an OSSC and I’m trying to capture an old PC using a Datapath E1S capture card and the signal constantly flickers on and off. This is the second OSSC that had this issue because the first one I had did the same thing and I bought a second one to avoid the issue and it had the same exact issue right out of the box. I looked at the capture card compatibility forum on here and it says the Datapath is compatible, and my first OSSC worked great for a few months. I updated to the latest firmware with no luck either. If anyone has an idea on how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it. I am sure it is something I’m doing wrong since it happens with both of my units.

JikissGamer
    Participant

I tried swapping the cables out for some different ones and I tried several different PCs but it’s still flickering.

Harrumph
    Participant

What do you mean by flickering? Does the OSSC lose sync? (E.g. red led flash and ”no sync” or rapid change in input signal info?)
    What kind of PC output are you trying to display (resolution/Hz)?

JikissGamer
    Participant

Yes it loses sync and the red light flashes when the screen goes blank for a quick second. It happens repeatedly, mostly in bursts of two sync losses at a time. I am capturing my Pentium computer with through the VGA port of its 3dfx Voodoo card, and running DOS which is 640×480 at 70Hz. I also should mention I have an active VGA splitter in the chain, one to the OSSC and another to a monitor.

Harrumph
    Participant

This guy seems to have a similar problem.
    Voodoo pc problem
    Unfortunately he didn’t get any feedback so it seems unresolved.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.