Need advice – Problem with 312p signal

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Need advice – Problem with 312p signal

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Knez86
    Participant

Hi folks.
    I just got my OSSC yesterday and i was trying to tweak it to get Lx3,4,5 to work on my OLED 3D Panasonic TV (TX-47AS650E). Cant get them to work, not even Lx3 on both 50 and 60hz signals. I am quite happy with Lx2 but than i bumped into another problem. Most of the PAL games on my modded PS1 send 288p according to OSSC and than OSSC outputs 314p 50hz ? It seems as my TV cant recognize this signal (no picture). Sound is going trough. Its strange since my TV can actually handle upscaling of all of these same consoles from Megadrive era (including that same PS1) and upwards fine by connecting them directly to existing SCART or YPbPr plugs on the back of my TV.

Is there any tweaks that i can do to fix this issue only for Lx2 50hz 314p ?
    If there is no other option, would pairing RetroTHINK2 with my OSSC fix this issue and maybe enable me to use Lx3 and up ?

-i have tested with both RETRO HD cables and regular SCART cables
    -no SYNC issue so far

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

nmalinoski
    Participant

The OSSC’s display details the signal it is currently receiving as total line count; so, when you see 312p, 313p, or 314p, that’s 288p (or thereabouts). PAL content will have 625 total lines for 576i/p, and NTSC content will have 525 total lines for 480i/p and about 262/263 lines for 240p.

As for getting line3x and 4x working (I think the hardware maxes out at 1200p, and 5x 288 would be 1440p), have you tried the suggested settings in this thread?

Harrumph
    Participant

PAL PS1 output is problematic for some displays, due to doubling bringing total line count too far off spec. Unfortunately most Panasonics are not very tolerant of off-spec signals, and may require sampling/active area tweaks.
    I know some people have resorted to custom sampling to get it to work, you should be able to find it via the search function (it’s at the forum top level).

Knez86
    Participant

Thank you for the replays.

As for getting line3x and 4x working (I think the hardware maxes out at 1200p, and 5x 288 would be 1440p), have you tried the suggested settings in this thread?

Yes, i have tested those settings but nothing seems to work. I kinda feel that there must be right settings ( that differs little bit from recommended settings on that forum page ) for my Panasonic TV that would do the trick with either Lx3 or Lx4.

I know some people have resorted to custom sampling to get it to work, you should be able to find it via the search function (it’s at the forum top level).

If you have a link that is relevant for me and my type of TV it would be helpful since i cant seem to find it. It is my understanding that different settings have different results depending on TV brand?

Harrumph
    Participant

PS2 240p RGB doesn't work

Actually the sampling is not changed, only manipulation of the V.Active area.
    Unfortunately, this fix seems not to work after fw 0.76…

Knez86
    Participant

PS2 240p RGB doesn’t work

Actually the sampling is not changed, only manipulation of the V.Active area.
    Unfortunately, this fix seems not to work after fw 0.76…

I gave it a try but like you said, it does not work. I tried my PAL Megadrive today and it worked with stock Lx2 Generic 4:3 settings. It really bugs me. OSSC displayed 313p from my Megadrive (288p in reality i guess). Hows 314p so much different than 313p ?

Harrumph
    Participant

Standard PAL 576p = 625 lines
    312 & 313 x 2 = 624 & 626
    314 x 2 = 628

Those extra lines are enough to cause incompatibility.

Have you tried passthrough by the way?

Knez86
    Participant

Have you tried passthrough by the way?

Yes i have, and no picture still. Only sound.

If i connect my PAL PS1 to RetroTink2(passthrough) and than pair it to OSSC via HDMI 2 VGA , would OSSC output signal differ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.