July 19, 2016 at 9:31 PM #8026
Hey as the title suggests, I just got mine today. It’s fantastic. I have only 2 issues before I can call it perfect
1. I cannot get my Neo Geo MVS to display anything. Sometimes the display just says no sync, and sometimes it displays some odd readings and timings. In either instance I get nothing on screen
2. There seems to be an odd rolling effect at the sides of the screen on 2d scrolling games in 2x mode. Like the image stretches in and out from the sides. Very odd. I am not sure how I fix this. It does not happen in 3x mode
Also 3x mode seems to be pixel perfect but is quite small. Is there bigger mode that retains the clarity or is 2x the only way to achieve such a large picture?
ThanksJuly 19, 2016 at 9:46 PM #8027
1) I don’t have an MVS but there is a known bug with current firmware that affects some sources. Do you have a suitable SCART to VGA cable? (something like a Sync Strike) If so could you try attaching it to the AV3 input and seeing what happens? The other possibility is the MVS is just outputting a refresh rate your HDTV doesn’t like. OSSC doesn’t have a frame buffer so there’s nothing that can be done about that unfortunately.
2) Never seen this, maybe you can post a picture?
3) Remember you should display Line triple in 16:9 mode on your TV, even if you choose generic 4:3 line triple mode.July 19, 2016 at 10:27 PM #8032
1. I don’t think it’s the to with the mvs. I have no problem when using Scart direct or previously through my framemeister. Is is also fine on a CRT. Maybe it’s a bug
2. The rolling effect is only really visible in motion. A screenshot does not pick it up. Castlevania IV when walking past the gates makes it really visible.
3 I’ll try that. ThanksJuly 20, 2016 at 10:48 AM #8037paulb_nlParticipant
Have you tried changing sync settings for the Neo Geo? That rolling effect sounds like your tv is on smart zoom which will fill the screen by enlarging the sides.July 20, 2016 at 3:13 PM #8038
For MVS, try setting sync LPF to 2.5MHz (heavy) and H-PLL pre and post coast to 3 or 4.July 22, 2016 at 11:24 AM #8067StroggeParticipant
I’ve exactly the same issue with my Neo Geo MVS. It works fine with a standard scart to hdmi adapter, but with OSSC it doesn’t sync. I’ve tried different sync settings by with no luck. Will give it another go though with the suggested settings by marqs above, and see if that works.July 23, 2016 at 1:21 AM #8091
So I solved most of the issues following the advice from this thread. The picture aspect was wrong on my tv.
Everything looks FANTASTIC. Except I still cannot get the mvs to play, even when trying marqs settings or playing around with others
It’s a neogeo mvs-1FZ with unibios etc. It works on CRT and framemeister no problem.
Once I get that going, I’m selling all my CRT. No joke. My framemeister is already historyJuly 23, 2016 at 10:04 AM #8101
Can you try connecting your MVS via the AV3 input?July 23, 2016 at 11:20 AM #8102
I can do but I would need to find a Scart to VGA cable to test that. Everything else I have runs via the Scart except the Wii which is componentAugust 8, 2016 at 2:40 PM #8337ChaelParticipant
I also have the same issues with my consolized mv1fz MVS, even with Marqs settings.
A bit disapointed because it was one of the mains consoles I planned to use with the OSSC, but hopefully you’ll find a fix along the road.August 8, 2016 at 5:07 PM #8338
I’d need to get one of these problematic MVSs for testing – otherwise it’s just guessing what could be wrong. Maybe it’d help if people posted types/serials of both working and non-working models to narrow down the search.August 9, 2016 at 10:50 AM #8349ChaelParticipant
Well, see if someone in Finland can let you test his MV-1FZ, they are pretty common and definitely problematic.
Otherwise we could try to share shipping cost for sending you one with people interested in improving this…August 10, 2016 at 11:31 AM #8365
Has anyone tried playing with/reducing the “Analog sync Vth” setting on these troublesome MVS consoles?August 14, 2016 at 12:18 AM #8409
So I bought and sync strike to try that and it still didn’t work.
I have a spare MVS 1FZ unit I can send to marqs as long as it will be returned. Someone else will have to provide a supergun to hook it up via Scart though.
No game is actually needed as the system boots into a test mode when no game is connected.
Let me know if you want me to send it overAugust 14, 2016 at 10:54 AM #8412
I may have a chance to test a couple MVSs next weekend. If that doesn’t happen or if none of tested boards are problematic, I can certainly debug yours if you’re willing to send it for testing (I have a supergun so no need for that).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.