- This topic has 24 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated September 5, 2016 at 11:08 PM by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
That’s very cool from you L-Digital, thanks!
I had a chance to quickly test MV1A, MV1B, MV1C, PGM and Neo-Geo CD yesterday.
MV1B, MV1C and PGM worked without issues, Neo-Geo CD (cvbs as sync) was fine after setting sync LPF to max, but MV1A had the described issue of no sync. I have now that board for closer inspection, so I’ll write some update soon.
Thanks for the update. Id be happy to test any beta firmware for mine while you develop a fix.
My unit is a MV-1FZ so hopefully it’s the same sync as the unit you are now testing
Keep it up. I’m sure we will get there
MV-1FZ and MV-1A are pretty much identical, exept for the amperages.
It took a while to discover what was “wrong” in MV1A’s sync signal, but I figured it out just before being ready to give up. There’ll be a new option in the next fw that enables syncing these MVS variants (and possibly other problematic systems with similar sync characteristics).
I wonder if this is the same issue the AES has. *fingers crossed*
All right! I’m glad you didn’t give up on it. Thanks for all your effort Marqs.
Any estimate on when it would be available.
Also, for all the tech heads out there, what turned out to be so different to cause this issue?
I’ve noticed a minor bug in timing tweaker so I’ll prepare a small fw update at the end of this week including also the option for MVS sync compatibility.
MVS nominally has 64us hsync period, but for some reason MV1A had 3 cycles during vblank that were 71.2us, 62us and 58.8us. I thought that mode detection logic in the digitizer chip would ignore such variations during vblank (does actually only during vsync), so that led to no stable sync being detected/processed. It was hard to notice such variation from oscilloscope traces of c-sync signal which includes serration pulses etc, but it became quite apparent after running it through ISL59885 that converted c-sync to separate H+V sync. Fortunately there’s a register in the digitizer chip that could be used for increasing detection tolerance and thus fix the issue, so that will be exposed on the fw. Additionally, H-PLL coast parameters must be set to 3 or higher so that PLL does not try to use those hsync edges as reference.
New firmware is now out – details are on its own thread.
Can confirm that my mv-1fz console works fine now. Good job marqs!