No sound

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Eric
    Participant

Hi all,

I seem to be having some sound issues with my OSSC. It all started fine, all my RGB scart inputs through AV1 worked a treat (Megadrive/SNES ) including sound. AV2 picture through OG Xbox was fine and sent sound separately via optical through av receiver. My problems began with my DC via VGA to AV3. Picture was fine but I had no sound via the AV3 3.5mm input. I tried changing the sound options and flipping sound switch, removing the scart from AV1 and resetting the settings but to no avail. Something must have happened though as now I have no sound on any inputs. I output via an av receiver to a benq projector so I tried another tv directly just to make sure and I still have no sound.

It’s on the lastest firmware and have scoured the forum for any other ideas including trying tx mode plus other LX configurations but still no luck. Is there anything else anyone thinks I should try?

Thanks in advance

BlueStinger
    Participant

Have you tried another HDMI cable ?

Eric
    Participant

Unbelievably no! I’m out at the moment so will check when I get back home. Thanks for the suggestion.

marqs
    Participant

There’s now a few threads/mentions about missing or lost audio in addition to this one:

audio lost
    no audio (possibly an installation issue)
    no audio using Xbox One HDMI in
    No output in HDMI TX mode despite whole chain supporting audio
    No audio, only occurs with v0.82

The cases with sudden drop of audio are most strange. Referring to the last link, I wonder if downgrading to v0.81-aud would help? I also checked the audio output configuration, and there are a few things that might help in some cases. Xbox One HDMI input is probably the easiest to find for debugging, so if anyone has that and is able to recompile firmware, I can send out a patch (or test firmware) to try out.

Steo
    Participant

Did you make absolutely sure to use the “-aud” firmware? A lot of people make that simple mistake, I’ve even done it myself.

BlueStinger
    Participant

And apparently, there is a “test firmware” available that doesn’t allow sound. (I don’t know since when it is available, I’ve discovered that today), make sure to have the version ” 0.82-aud ” from this page : https://www.niksula.hut.fi/~mhiienka/ossc/fw/

Eric
    Participant

So finally got round to trying a new hdmi lead still no sound, so updated the firmware to 0.82a (it came with 0.81a) just to check and still no luck. I think flipping the AV1/AV3 sound switch may have fried something.

marqs
    Participant

I found a small bug in the way audio infoframe is set up. Feel free to try a test firmware with a fix for that. It sounds that in this case there might be a hardware fault, though.

Eric
    Participant

Cheers maras I’ll definitely try it before I send the unit back for a check up!

Eric
    Participant

Tried it out today but no luck marqs still no sound. Thanks for trying though, it’s much appreciated

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.