PAL PS1, XBO and Line4X

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support PAL PS1, XBO and Line4X

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    KBABZ
    Participant

Hiya! Another slight issue with the OSSC that I was hoping there’d be a solution to. I’m currently having my PSone (the slim one, PAL) running to my OSSC via a SCART cable through which it then goes into my launch Xbox One so my TV and capture card can accept it. I’d prefer to use the 4X mode as that offers the sharpest pixels, however the bottom of the picture is cut off slightly. I’ve tried raising the picture using settings from the Line X Tips and Tweaks page, but none of the settings actually change what the picture looks like (which is odd because it did on my PS2). Any possible solutions?

KBABZ
    Participant

I take it there’s no solution to this?

nmalinoski
    Participant

Have you tried the instructions to get 288p/576i line4x in a 1080p frame in the Tips & Tweaks: Lx3, Lx4, Lx5 modes thread?

KBABZ
    Participant

Yeah I have, nothing seems to work. It seems that when trying to adjust 240p content through the XBO, nothing moves or changes or anything.

I will say though that this effect varies between games. I just went through my admittedly small PS1 library and compared between what my XBO was showing and what I can see on my PSone LCD screen. Here’s what I found:

8 lines cut: Spyro 2*, Spyro 3*
    3-4 lines cut: Crash 1, Crash 2, Crash Bash, Croc 2, Emperor’s New Groove*, Grand Turismo 2, MediEvil, MediEvil 2*, Monsters Inc.,
    1-2 lines cut: Crash 3
    Unaffected: CTR, Spyro 1*

*In these games I can move the screen up from the default position, so these games aren’t a problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.