Possible buyer looking for help!

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Possible buyer looking for help!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    RetroDork
    Participant

I have an Avermedia Live Gamer HD 1 and 2 along with a Samsung model UN26EH400F TV and an Asus model VG248QE 24″ computer monitor. I’m debating between the OSSC and the Framemeister. I’m worried about compatibility and want to make sure everything is compatible. I really want to go for the OSSC with all the new developments being made to it.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Fairly certain the Avermedia’s will only work with line 2x mode.

NoAffinity
    Participant

I have the Game Broadcaster HD (C127), and it works up to line3x for 240p consoles including SNES. It won’t handle 240p @ line4x or higher, or 480p @ line2x. Yours being newer cards, I would hope that they can also get to at least line3x.

RetroDork
    Participant

Do you think compatibility would be better with something like the DVDO?

NoAffinity
    Participant

My VP30 is also pretty much capping out at line3x, although, it is nice to have it handle transitions between interlaced and progressive video modes on the fly as opposed to direct feeding a capture card/device which will crap out as soon as the game switches video modes (maybe not all capture cards/devices, but it seems a very common theme that people have looked for a solution and solved with the DVDO products). Possibly others with different DVDO models can provide some more encouraging feedback.

It is fun getting to line4x and beyond, but sometimes the best solution is not 1920×1200. In fact, even different games on the same system will look better/suit your tastes better in one multiplication mode while others look better/suit your tastes better in a different multiplication mode. But even at pass-thru, the simple benefit of low-lag digitization offered by the OSSC really is a nice feature.

Just offering my humble opinion, and from my experience, finding the best all around solution for whatever you’re accomplishing with the OSSC may not be full line5x all the time, but the results will still be dazzling.

:edit: BUT the VP30 can take lower multiplication modes and scale them up to 1080p.

NoAffinity
    Participant

So, here’s a fun update. I messed with SNES line4x adv timing to the point that my display sees it as 1280×1024. The VP30 likes it too, and is able to process it. My Broadcaster HD doesn’t like it direct fed – the image glitches every couple of seconds. But through the VP30, it has no problem taking it as 480p, 720p or 1080p.

Here’s some 1920×1080 out of the VP30:

snes_line4x_thru-VP30.png

The concept of “tricking devices” to treat the OSSC output as PC video with which they may be more compatible is detailed more in this sticky: https://videogameperfection.com/forums/topic/tips-tweaks-lx3-lx4-lx5-modes/

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Do you think compatibility would be better with something like the DVDO?

That’s how I use mine with my AverMedia Live Gamer 2 Plus.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.