Profile settings web app

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    megari
    Participant

@paulb_nl: I have now made a Github pull request for a more advanced OSSC settings export feature, where the SD card is formatted as a FAT16 filesystem, with the binary dump in the root directory. The resulting binary settings file seems to import properly when dragged to your OSSC Profiles page. Also, the settings file will not contain a zeroed-out sector at the beginning, rather than it immediately begins with the USRDATA header.

If you are interested in trying it out, please see OSSC PR #75.

paulb_nl
    Participant

Nice work Ari. I have tried it and it worked fine.

Piwi
    Participant

So I’m trying to get profiles on my OSSC but without success…
    I use a MacBook Pro from 2018 with the newest Etcher version and could get the v.088 update on the SDCard and updated successfully my OSSC.
    But when I compile my profiles.bin with the web app and try to load it onto the SDCard via Etcher I always get errors from Etcher…
    Bildschirmfoto-2020-12-03-um-09-21-18

Here my compiled .json file:
    ossc_profiles_0.88.json

paulb_nl
    Participant

If you were able to write the OSSC firmware with Etcher then it should also work with the profiles. Although I have never used Etcher the contents of the file should not matter at all.

It appears version v1.5.112 of Etcher was released today which might fix it. Otherwise try an older version.

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.