Programming Chunghop remote

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Programming Chunghop remote

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    kruuth
    Participant

Hi folks. I have a chunghop L336 remote here. Does anyone know the code for each device? JunkerHQ lists Yamaha for the DVD and the Receiver and Toshiba for the TV but mine didn’t come with the codes to put in.

Morpheus_79
    Participant

Where did you buy your L336 remote? If you bought it from VGP it should be preprogrammed for usage with the OSSC and should work right out of the box. If you bought a “blank” one from anywhere else, you’ll need to program it by yourself. But there aren’t any codes to put directly into the remote. You HAVE to have a remote (or an IR transmitter which is able to act as a remote) the L336 can learn from.

kruuth
    Participant

My wife was visiting family in China and had access to them for almost nothing. She brought back one in the box.

Morpheus_79
    Participant

You’ll have to program it yourself then. But as i said: since it’s a learning (not a universal) remote, it does NOT come with any preprogrammed Manufacturer codes inside, you can access by simply inputting a numeric code! You’ll have to teach the remote by sending all the IR signals to it, it has to learn.

kruuth
    Participant

Crap. That’d a mess. Does that mean every don’t remote is manually configured for ossc? What should I do here?

Morpheus_79
    Participant

The profile of an already programmed L336 can be transferred to a “blank” L336… so there’s no need to configure all buttons for multiple remotes multiple times.

There are a couple of things you can do to get your L336 working with your OSSC:

1. Test every remote you or your friends and family own for its compatibility with the OSSC. Simply turn your OSSC on and press some buttons of the remote you want to test pointing at the direction of your OSSC. If the green LED of the OSSC flashes while a button is pressed, you’ve found a suitable remote. Now you can copy the button commands from this remote to your L336 and configure your OSSC for the usage with it like its described here:

http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php?title=OSSC#Remote_control_setup

power cycle the OSSC while holding BTN1 on the OSSC’s PCB. A target function name (e.g. “MENU”) will then be displayed on the OSCC’s LCD screen. Press the corresponding key on the remote control, if the OSSC receives the code correctly you will be prompted to confirm the new code. Press the same key again to confirm, or BTN0 on the OSSC’s PCB to go to the previous key. If you press BTN0 when configuring the first key, the default keymaps will be loaded.

Once all remote control keys/buttons are programmed, the new keymap will be saved and the OSSC will return to normal operation.[/quote]

2. If you can’t find a working remote, you could buy a cheap universal remote with lots of preprogrammed manufacturer codes to choose from. After you’ve found a working code you can use it directly with your OSSC or to program your L336.
    3. You can buy (or build) a USB infrared transmitter (like the Irdroid USB transmitter, the USB IR toy, or similar) and use WinLIRC to send the right commands to your L336.
    kruuth
    Participant

SO far I have no remotes.

I do though, have access to my neighbor’s Harmony remote. Can I use that to program the L336?

Morpheus_79
    Participant

Of course. The Logitech Harmony is a universal remote… just not a cheap one 😉 .

kruuth
    Participant

Ok…What do I need to do in order to do that? I set up the device like in the instructions for Harmony, but it doesn’t seem to work.

Morpheus_79
    Participant

After you’ve sent the NEC Profile to the Harmony: does the green LED on your OSSC flash every time you press a button on the Harmony?

kruuth
    Participant

No it does not flash. I think I might have selected the wrong one. This is a Harmony 520 remote. It is asking for a specific TV.

EDIT: Ok, I reflashed the remote, and now the little green light does flash. Now that it’s doing that, can I use that to flash the Chunghop?

Morpheus_79
    Participant

You can use the Harmony to teach the Chunghop all of its commands.

kruuth
    Participant

Ah ok. I thought that it was a case where I could transfer them all at once. So I need to do it one at a time?

Morpheus_79
    Participant

Afaik: transfering multiple button commands at once to a L336 is only possible from another L336.

kruuth
    Participant

That’s a pain.

I see the little green LED going on and off, but nothing happens, no matter what I press on the remote. Is there a particular key that would do something? I press menu and nothing happens.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.