Programming Chunghop remote

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Morpheus_79
    Participant

Again… as i wrote above -> you should read the wiki:

http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php?title=OSSC#Remote_control_setup

Now, power cycle the OSSC while holding BTN1 on the OSSC’s PCB. A target function name (e.g. “MENU”) will then be displayed on the OSCC’s LCD screen. Press the corresponding key on the remote control, if the OSSC receives the code correctly you will be prompted to confirm the new code. Press the same key again to confirm, or BTN0 on the OSSC’s PCB to go to the previous key. If you press BTN0 when configuring the first key, the default keymaps will be loaded.

Once all remote control keys/buttons are programmed, the new keymap will be saved and the OSSC will return to normal operation.

kruuth
    Participant

Yes, I read. My problem was that I had no working remote. I managed to finally find one, it turns out that my old ViewSonic LCD TV uses the right commands. Works great now. Thanks for the assistance.

Morpheus_79
    Participant

I assume: you made it harder for you, than it should have been. You wrote:

Ok, I reflashed the remote, and now the little green light does flash.

I see the little green LED going on and off, but nothing happens

The green LED flashing indicated that your OSSC recognized an incomming (compatible) IR command. “Nothing happening” just meant: the incomming command was no default command for any function of your OSSC. But by pressing BTN1 while powering your OSSC on, you can link any recognized IR command with any function of your OSSC.

So there was no real need for your old ViewSonic remote – just 60 seconds of your time to configure your OSSC properly 😉 .

kruuth
    Participant

Actually there was…I found out that the harmony remote wasn’t working, so the Viewsonic was all I could use.

BTW, when I try to change the scanlines, it doesn’t look like there’s a change.

Gummi
    Participant

Did you try pressing the scanline button more than once? It always takes a couple of presses for me for some reason, it never works on one button press.

ardarvin
    Participant

I also have a blank Chunghop L336, and another remote which communicates fully with the OSSC (although it’s short a few buttons). When I try to teach the L336 from my other remote, I can only teach the power, pause, play, stop, and eject buttons on the L336. All other buttons don’t work. To make sure I’m doing this right (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E6lm0wLxQ0), I try programming the same command (e.g. OSSC menu, or LCD on/off) into all Chunghop buttons. Only the few buttons mentioned above work.

kruuth
    Participant

Program it with another remote.

I had to use an old sony tv remote I had laying around and I just programmed it with that, then in turn programmed the OSSC.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.