Note, this is a complex, intricate mod. Please study the fitting instructions at the bottom of the page carefully before you decide to order.
VideoGamePerfection.com chooses BennVenn screens. VideoGamePerfection.com is pleased to announce a new partnership with BennVenn Electronics. BennVenn’s Game Gear screens represent the best possible quality upgrade for your classic Sega hardware, with better brightness, viewing angles and no tearing or blurring.
Breathe new life into your classic Sega Game Gear hand held with this cutting edge IPS LCD replacement. Replacing the dated original LCD with this new, vibrant model will make playing Game Gear games a lot more fun, thanks to increased brightness, contrast, picture sharpness and improved battery life.
These replacement LCDs are the best on the market and have been specifically engineered for the Game Gear. While not retaining the native resolution of the original Game Gear screen, they offer several versatile scaling modes and a number of exciting features:-
- High brightness IPS LCD. Superior viewing angle, contrast, clarity. Not TFT like other kits out there.
- The ONLY kit with no screen tearing on moving images
- Low power – approximately 1/3rd of other competing kits. Longer battery life, less stress on electronic components
- 11hrs35min runtime measured on 2200mah NiMh cells.
- Variable brightness control via the brightness wheel
- Scanlines and scaling modes (Full screen, cropped & 1:1 modes)
- Ability to move the image up and down in cropped mode
- No buzz/hum/whine injected into the console like other competing kits
- Cheaper than competing kits yet better quality
- Frame locked to the original frame rate. No image tearing or lag
- Both Game Gear mode and Master System mode is supported
- Built in protection prevents damage to our kit if your system is running at a higher than standard voltage.
- Currently a 10 wire install, though this may increase as more functionality is added to the design.
- V1.1 Firmware – Delay added to scanline enable/disable to prevent accidental scanline mode in certain games
Note that this kit does NOT offer a VGA/RGB/external display option.
Still not convinced? Check out this YouTube video to see how BennVenn screens compare to our previous model:-
Note, this is a complex, intricate mod. Please study the fitting instructions carefully and only order if you’re completely confident that you can carry out the mod. We cannot offer refunds for mods damaged due to incorrect installation, nor can we offer technical support for installation of this mod.
Please make sure your Game Gear is in good working order before installing this mod. If the existing LCD is faint or can only be seen at an angle, you must replace the systems capacitors, otherwise performance from the replacement LCD will not be satisfactory. There are various guides on-line on how to do this or we can perform the repair for you here.
Need an easy install ribbon? Click here.
Please note this kit is not compatible with Majesco Game Gear VA4 or VA5.
A fitting service for this mod is available here.