All Koryuu’s as of 15th March 2021 will ship with firmware 1.1. Last few, order now to avoid disappointment.
Easily add composite video or S-Video to your OSSC, capture card, video monitor or any other YPbPr compatible device with the Koryuu Transcoder.
The Koryuu is a composite and S-video to component video (YPbPr) video transcoder designed specially for use with an OSSC but suitable for all kinds of applications. Using the device you can easily add S-video and composite input to the OSSC, or any display or device that has component video inputs.
The device transcodes/converts video without adding any scaling, processing or input lag, making it ideal for use with classic CRT displays and, of course, the OSSC.
The device has the following features:-
- Designed for use with OSSC, no additional transcoder/converter required
- Composite and S-Video in, Component video out
- 7.5 IRE option
- PAL and PAL 60 supported
- Firmware updatable (requires USB Asp or similar programmer)
- Uses the same PSU as OSSC, no chance of mixing them up and damaging either unit!
- Stylish case looks good next to or on top of the OSSC
- Connect Composite and S-Video at the same time, no problems
- Additional features, such as smoothing will be added in future firmware updates.
What is the “no test pattern” firmware option?
This special version of the devices firmware was requested by some of our customers. By default, when the Koryuu is not receiving a signal, a test pattern is displayed. This is the recommended configuration for most users. However, a number of users who had automatic switching units requested that the Koryuu not send a signal at all when no input was detected. That way, their automatic component video switches would detect and switch to another output.
Documentation and support