DVDO VP30 and VP50 doesn't work

NewHome Forums General gaming DVDO VP30 and VP50 doesn't work

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    mrblack1
    Participant

I recently get 2 scalers : dvdo vp30 and vp50
    But none of them work.

The vp30 show me only the message “powered by abt”, but i have no image, the power red light is constantly blinking.

The vp50 show me the message “load abt file now…”

I need help, i’m in France and i didn’t find any support for dvdo products in France, do you have suggestions please for those who know ?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Never owned a VP30 but sounds like the VP50 is in firmware update mode. You will need to find a legacy serial cable and upload the firmware to it.

mrblack1
    Participant

Thanks,
    I commanded this one : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00QUZY4WO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 do you think it is compatible ? I have a windows 10 64 bits pc to use with. I must use terra term program to do this, is that correct ? And where can i find the firmware ?
    Also i have no remote with them. Do you think that i can program a programmable remote like the one you sell on your site to make it work with the vp30 and vp50 ?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

That should work I’m sure there wasn’t any specific requirements for the VP50.

Have a look here for firmware and tutorials – https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=58498

I actually programmed a remote for Markus when he picked up a VP50, so if you order one and drop me a line I could custom program it for you.

mrblack1
    Participant

Can you do this for the vp30 also ?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

I’m not sure but in the link I gave you there’s firmware update instructions for the VP30 too.

Or do you mean program the remote? Sorry I don’t have a VP30 but you may find the remote code are the same anyway (they are for VP50, 50 Pro, Edge, Edge Green and Duo).

mrblack1
    Participant

Hello,
    i need to know at first if i will be able to use the vp30 and 50 on my 4k tv, for instant this is not the case.
    i received today a new power cable for the vp30 : i tested it on 2 different tv.
    It works on my plasma panasonic hd tv, everything, i can navigate to the menu and i can see image and sound correctly on the tv.

But it doesn’t work on my 4k tv : the vp30 goes on and out constantly with a blue image that appear and disappear on the tv.

I don’t know what to do because i bought them to use with the 4k tv not the plasma hd.
    Any idea ?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Does the problem persist when you feed the VP30 a valid image (e.g from OSSC, just the test card for example?)

mrblack1
    Participant

Yes, the problem persist i tried to plug different device in vp30 hdmi input, but nothing happened : blue image that appear and disappear on the tv
    But it works perfectly with the plasma hd tv
    To be more precise : as soon as i plug the hdmi cable that connect the hdmi vp30 output to the hdmi input of the 4k tv, this problem appear and can’t navigate to the menu at all.
    When i unplug the hdmi connection vp30 to tv, i can navigate to the menu on the vp30.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Weird, maybe check if there’s a firmware upgrade for your HDTV.

mrblack1
    Participant

for the 4k tv you mean ?
    upgrade is done.
    I contacted DVDO, i’m waiting for their answer.
    now i’m waiting for the cable to upgrade the vp30 and vp50, maybe the upgrade can resolve this.
    It’s a specific cable, that comes from US only : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003RWWZAQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    when i contacted them the first time they told me to buy this one.
    Now i’m blocked, if anyone has the same issue please tell me.

BuckoA51, do you use a 4k tv with your vp50 ?

mrblack1
    Participant

BuckoA51, do you use a 4k tv with your vp50 ?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

I have a VP50 pro and no I’ve not used it with a 4k TV.

Those USB to legacy serial cables can be bought anywhere, you don’t need a special one for the DVDOs.

mrblack1
    Participant

when i suggest this cable : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00QUZY4WO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to the DVDO support they told me that i must use a cable that have a specific chipset, the FTDI chipset, i searched on different french site if they have that kind of cable, i didn’t find anything on any french site, i only find a seller in amazon us. Maybe i didn’t search well, but whatever it’s too late i already commanded it.
    also i’m not sure that all of those cables are compatible with windows 10, this one i’m sure it is.

mrblack1
    Participant

And you never tried to use it on a 4k tv ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.