OSSC v1.xx series beta firmware

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC v1.xx series beta firmware

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 306 total)
  • Author
    Jeruro
    Participant

I did the mod on an early DVI -no audio board, but i can’t get it work. I can see in the display that it sincronizes on AV1 but i can’t see any image on the display. The test pattern works.

I downgraded to 0.90 and seems it works again…

Is that 1.08 firmware only for boards with audio? Any idea?

UPDATE: it seems that the mod has always worked. The problem is that since v1.03 something has changed that prevents the monitor to handle the output with the default sampling values, if I change the vertical sync length from 3 to 6 i can see the image again with v1.08….

Thanks

• This reply was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by Jeruro.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by Jeruro.
    BuckoA51
    Keymaster

You should be able to do the update on an old non-audio board too.

limwer
    Participant

Hi guys,

Please clarify a question for me and excuse my ignorance.

I want to modify my OSSC, the firmware that I should use after the modification is the one in the link in the first post: ossc_1.08-aud.bin? My OSSC is V.1.7, purchased here on the VGP website.

Thank you.

polipyc
    Participant

Hey I can confirm I’ve managed to successfully mod my Kaico OSSC v1.6. Tested only for 30 minutes on my PAL Wii. Tomorrow I’ll try dreamcast on vga and rgb saturn. Thanks for modding guide!

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Hi guys,

Please clarify a question for me and excuse my ignorance.

I want to modify my OSSC, the firmware that I should use after the modification is the one in the link in the first post: ossc_1.08-aud.bin? My OSSC is V.1.7, purchased here on the VGP website.

Thank you.

Yes, you can always check what the latest version is (or download an older version if needed) by visiting this link – http://www.infocult.com/m/ossc/fw/v1-series/

LaminGaming
    Participant

After some time testing with v1.08, I wanted to say that everything is working great in my setup, 6x (1440p) in particular is fantastic! I’ve tested a variety of different consoles in generic 4:3 and optimised modes up to 6x with no issues. The only issue I came across was 480i from the N64; it doesn’t seem to display a picture no matter what I do. Which is odd, as it did used to work with v0.90, though even that firmware had issues. In v0.90, it would only display a picture if I had 240p set to 3x (with 480i set to 4x) or when you press the “LINEMULT. MODE” button on the remote.

Also, there was a minor issue only when using 6x at 60Hz with my region modified PAL Mega Drive 2. There was no sound, and the image had a pink tint when set to YCbCr444 – not sure why?

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by LaminGaming.
    marqs
    Participant

Firmware v1.09 is now available. It’s includes a few minor sync processing improvements and GBI preset fixes. Taito F3 owners should also be able to finally use it without special adapters due to a discovered workaround (required settings here).

Tsukiko
    Participant

Hi Marqs,
    Is 1.09 ok for use on older 1.5-1.8 osscs? I see a .jic version in the folder, is that for the taito owners (or is that profiles)?
    Thanks

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

All 1.xx branch firmware requires OSSC 1.8 or the hardware modification to an older OSSC as detailed on the first page.

LaminGaming
    Participant

I’ve just tried v1.09, unfortunately it seems to have not improved the compatibility with 480i on my N64. I am wondering if it could have something to do with using the EverDrive-64 X5 for running NTSC games on PAL N64’s, as the refresh rates are slightly different: 240p is 61.02Hz instead of 59.82Hz, and 480i is 61.26Hz (I don’t know what it is for an NTSC N64). However, as I’ve said in my previous post, it worked on v0.90, so I’m not sure why it doesn’t work with v1.09. Do you have any issues with 480i on N64?

marqs
    Participant

Do you have issues with other 480i sources? Some offset in refresh rate is irrelevant if your display can handle it.

LaminGaming
    Participant

It’s strangely only the N64, I’ve tested the PS2 and Wii in 480i/576i with no issues. Even the interlaced mode (320x448i) for the Mega Drive works – when H-PLL Pre/Post Coast is set to 3. I’ve also tried different multiplication modes with generic and optimised settings but nothing seems to work.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Having issues running NTSC games on PAL N64s is pretty common since the refresh rate you get is way off spec, but I can’t explain why it’d work on an older firmware and not the newer one, because like Marqs says it would be the display that struggled to handle it, not the OSSC.

Tsukiko
    Participant

I’ve still been intending to do this mod to my ossc (was a busy xmas period) so I’ll hopefully sort it this week.

I have a pal N64 (everdrive and rgb modded but uses rgb scart cable), is there any specific thing i can do to test this issue too (I run a sony x90e tv if that helps).

Also, side note, has the profiler been made to work with the new updates (I remember reading that back at start of thread that the old ones get wiped on firmware update), or has there been any new firebrandx profiles floating around for the 1.08/1.09 firmwares?

Morpheus_79
    Participant

All 1.xx branch firmware requires OSSC 1.8 or the hardware modification to an older OSSC as detailed on the first page.

So… if i rewire the connections between U1 and U2 on an OSSC 1.6 to match the connections on an OSSC 1.8:

• disconnect pin 127 of U2 from ground and connect ist with button 0 (together with pin 128)
    • cut the trace to pin 22 of U1 and connect the trace with pin 25 instead

… the beta firmware should work too (while leaving the functionality of both LEDs intact)?

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 306 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.